Ways to Encourage
1. Thank you for helping with …
2. It makes mornings / dinner / outings easier when you … thank you.
3. I really appreciate it when you …
4. Thank you for doing that … it means I / we can now …
5. We did it together!
6. Wow! You made a building / drawing etc.
7. You did it on your own.
8. You did … and then … and worked it out.
9. You used lots of red paint / blocks / tape etc.
10. You made it really big / small / colourful / complicated etc.
11. That took you a long time, and you did it.
12. How did you do that?
13. You did …, what will you do now?
14. Can you tell me about it?
15. What is your favourite part?
16. How did you think of that?
17. I really enjoy doing this with you.
18. I love watching you …
19. I am so proud of you because …
20. Look how happy your friend is when you share / help / smile etc.
21. You kept going, even when it was hard.
22. You look so pleased to have done that.
23. You made … feel so pleased when you did that.
24. It makes you feel good when you do …
25. Say nothing – just smile.
# 你還可以這樣說 – 中英對照
– What you did was so kind and generous. 你所做的真的是很善良和慷慨。
– You improved since last time. 你比上次有進步。
– You must be really proud of yourself. 你一定對自己感到很自豪。
– I can tell you put a lot of time and effort into this. 你一定為此付出了很多時間和努力。
– You are using great problem-solving strategies. 你解決問題的方法很有效。
– The area looks so clean after tidy up by you! 你整理後的地方真的是很乾淨。
– Though it was difficult, you were patient. 雖然很難，但你很有耐心去完成它。
– You were very focused, so you did it. 你很專心，所以你做到了。
– You must work really hard for this, so you made it. 你很努力，所以你的付出有回報了。
– Wow! You cracked the egg all by yourself! 你一個人就可以把它完成！
– Look how happy the dog is. Thank you for petting him gently. 你看狗狗有多開心。謝謝你這麼溫柔。（可以用來鼓勵孩子以溫柔的態度來對待人／物）
– I noticed you put away your blocks without being asked. Thanks! 我注意到你沒有問就已經把積木收起來了！（肯定孩子自主能力、肯定孩子的幫忙）
– You put in a lot of effort into building that tower and it didn’t turn out the way you wanted it to. What could you do next time? 雖然沒有達到你期望的結果，但是你已經很努力了。下次應該怎樣做呢？（肯定孩子的付出，鼓勵孩子再接再厲、解決問題的能力）
– Thanks for cleaning up. I feel happy to have the help! 我很高興你可以幫忙清潔，謝謝你。（肯定孩子的付出，鼓勵孩子再次幫忙）
– You put on your shoes on your own! You kept trying and you figured it out. 你試了很久，自己終於穿上了鞋。
– Look at how you are balancing on one foot. Well done! 做到好！你可以單腳站立了！
– You did it! Look at you swimming all by yourself! 你做到了！你一個人游完全程！
– That took longer than I expected! Thank you for waiting patiently. 這比我預期的要長，謝謝你的耐心等待！
– That was challenging but we worked together to solve it! 雖然這很有挑戰性，但是我們一起努力把它解決了！
3. 鼓勵進步 比 關注成就 更重要